Thank you for your interest in working with us. Since 1925 Cholmondeley Children’s Centre has operated as a charitable organisation offering urgent and planned respite care and education for children between the ages of 3 and 12, and support for their families/whānau during times when their own resources and support networks are not enough.
Cholmondeley is located in Governors Bay.
Please select from our current vacancies:
Casual/Reliever Child and Youth Care Practitioners
Various hours available, shift work
At Cholmondeley children come first as we believe that children have the right to positive relationships and environments, where they are respected, involved in planning for the things that affect them and provided with opportunities to grow resilience.
We provide short term planned and emergency respite care and education for children between the ages of 3 to 12 whose families are experiencing stress and whose natural supports are not available or are not enough. We provide children with care and education using an integrated holistic model. Adventure Based Learning is a key aspect of the child’s experience at Cholmondeley.
So if you believe that children have the right to be respected, listened to, advocated for and have fun while the adults take responsibility for their wellbeing and you are:
• Enthusiastic and energetic
• Able to build relationships with children that are based on mutual respect
• Solution focused
• A team player
• A clear analytical thinker
• Committed to working in a culturally sensitive way and have a knowledge of Tikanga Maori
• Confident and knowledgeable to make decisions that affect children that are in keeping with their best interests
• Fit and able to join in with Adventure Based Learning activities
WE NEED YOU!
This position offers you
• A role within a committed team of child care workers and education staff
• The opportunity to work in a child centred way
• Opportunities for on going professional development
• The opportunity to work in a child-centred, strengths based learning organisation
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa