Thank you for your interest in working with us. Since 1925 Cholmondeley Children’s Centre has operated as a charitable organisation offering urgent and planned respite care and education for children between the ages of 3 and 12, and support for their families/whānau during times when their own resources and support networks are not enough.
Cholmondeley is located in Governors Bay.
Please select from our current vacancies:
Casual/Reliever Child and Youth Care Practitioners
Various hours available, shift work
At Cholmondeley children come first as we believe that children have the right to positive relationships and environments, where they are respected, involved in planning for the things that affect them and provided with opportunities to grow resilience.
We provide short term planned and emergency respite care and education for children between the ages of 3 to 12 whose families are experiencing stress and whose natural supports are not available or are not enough. We provide children with care and education using an integrated holistic model. Adventure Based Learning is a key aspect of the child’s experience at Cholmondeley.
So if you believe that children have the right to be respected, listened to, advocated for and have fun while the adults take responsibility for their wellbeing and you are:
• Enthusiastic and energetic
• Able to build relationships with children that are based on mutual respect
• Solution focused
• A team player
• A clear analytical thinker
• Committed to working in a culturally sensitive way and have a knowledge of Tikanga Maori
• Confident and knowledgeable to make decisions that affect children that are in keeping with their best interests
• Fit and able to join in with Adventure Based Learning activities
WE NEED YOU!
This position offers you
• A role within a committed team of child care workers and education staff
• The opportunity to work in a child centred way
• Opportunities for on going professional development
• The opportunity to work in a child-centred, strengths based learning organisation
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
We provide respite care and education for children between the ages of 3 and 12 whose families are experiencing stress or crisis. In our purpose-built child friendly centre our learning facilitators focus on providing experiential and activity based learning opportunities to develop the key competencies.
So if you are child-centred, strengths focused with the energy, enthusiasm and creativity to work in a multidisciplinary team to support and facilitate the learning of children who have experienced stress and trauma we need you.
- Work collaboratively within the multidisciplinary team to ensure the best interests of the children are met in keeping with Cholmondeley’s Philosophy of Care
- Ensure best practice is maintained at all times in relation to children’s care and safety in keeping with Cholmondeley’s Policies and Procedures
- Implement the plan of daily routines and the maintenance of a safe psycho-social and educational environment throughout Cholmondeley
- Plan, implement, review and evaluate the educational experiences of the children
- Contribute to the delivery of the Annual Strategic Plan and MOE contract requirements
- Work as part of the multidisciplinary team to develop programme content and identify learning opportunities focused on developing the key competencies.
- Develop programme content that focuses on the development of resiliency within children
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion and storage of appropriate records and documentation that contribute to the child’s experience development and well-being. . These include; Learning stories; Strengths and Positives charts
- Ensure efficient timely and accurate maintenance of other records and reports that contribute to operations within the organisation as required
- Update or amend Cholmondeley’s information system so it contains current and accurate information in relation to children and their families
The learning environment is positive, supportive and designed to stimulate children’s desire to learn
Programs such as Discovery Time are programmed and delivered to meet the varying needs of individual children. Staff will plan, implement programs and report to whanau and base schools using the Key Competencies in the New Zealand Curriculum as their basis e.g. via Learning Stories
Respect is shown for the different cultural and ethnic ways of those within and beyond Cholmondeley, teaching and learning opportunities recognise, cater for and support cultural diversity. Tikanga Maori is developed within Cholmondeley and the use of Te Reo Maori is supported and encouraged in this environment
- Diploma of Teaching or above
- Registration with the New Zealand Teachers Registration Board is essential
This role is up to 0.8 FTE, 32 hours per week position and is for a six month contract to cover extended leave.
Starting 23 February.
Please send your CV with a covering letter letting us know what you would bring to this unique position to:
Johno Harris email@example.com